Saturday 17 August 2013

Bye-o, Beck!

This week I packed up and sent my roomie off to America... for good.  She is going home to spend time with her ailing father, and then transitioning to a new job with Nazarene Compassionate Ministries.

Beck and I met way back in 2000 when we were both attending Loma Linda University.  She was doing her residency in preventative medicine and I was working on my M.P.H.  Little did we know that 9 years later we would be sharing a house in PNG!  Over these years she has been a wonderful friend, listener, and counselor.  We have had made some great memories with Bones, fuzzy mustaches, our lemon-squeezing-dish-washing roomie, the Queen's birthday, sometimes crazy pets, little sisters, and care packages (just to name a few).  Our adventures have taken us from Aniwa to Thailand to Hewa to Fiji.  I have learned much from her as we have lived and served together in some of the most remote parts of the world.

Thanks, Beck, for an awesome 4 1/2 years!  I could not have done this without you.  I miss you, my friend.  Well, everything except your incessant humming.  Hee hee.


Here is a photographic tribute to the fun times we have had together :).

Home sweet PNG home
Roomies
Classic Beck 
Our first house
Pete the ax-murdering-chicken-cat
Our baby, Boo!
Sweet P being ornery as usual
Our lemon-squeezing-dish-washing roomie, Pamela.
Pamela loves Brutus!!!
Out on the town in Herbie the Love Bug
Your family
And mine

Our sister Meti
Meti's first birthday 
At Kawi church
Meti's ground

ANIWA!!!
Team Aniwa
Beachfront property 
PPH water

Little sisters
Our first group
Making pizza
Susan's baptism
Decorating Christmas cookies!
Spa night

More fun times
Mostly involving costumes :).
Italian dinner party
Mad Hatter Tea Party
Care package!
The Queen's B-day
National doughnut week
Harvest party

ADVENTURES
Zip line in Thailand
Cruising Fiji! 


Hewa
On our way to the big bush
I can't believe I included this one.
Hewa tribe

The orphanage


No comments:

Post a Comment