Saturday 29 September 2012

Girls' night in

As part of the nurse-pastor vision, the College of Nursing has instituted a Big Brothers/Big Sisters kind of a program.  Groups of nursing students are paired up with missionaries and nursing staff for support, discipleship, and sometimes just a bit of fun.  Beck and I have six little sisters this year:  Lalo, Esther, and Grace are 1st year students; Susan is in her 2nd year and is new to us; 2nd year Marilyn and 3rd year Daphne were in our group last year.  The girls come over to our house about one Saturday evening a month.  I cook soup and homemade bread to give the ladies a little something different than the routine sweet potato and ramen noodles they get in the cafeteria.  Then we have a Bible study or do some other sort of activity--singing with the guitar, making cookies, pizza and movie night, etc.

This past week, we had a fabulous "girls' night in."  Since there were three monstrous heads of broccoli ready in the garden, Mom's broccoli soup was the main course for dinner.  Deeeeeeeelish.  Beck lead a Bible study on Adam and Eve, God's original design for marriage.  It was a great time of sharing together!

Our activity for the evening was just about the most fun I have had in a long time.  We gave each other facials, complete with mud masks and cucumber eyes.  (I got the idea from my friend Elaine, who gave me my first facial ever when I visited her family on my home assignment.)  In case you are wondering, chilled cucumbers are VERY nice on the eyes.  We so enjoyed pampering each other.  Our faces glowed with the joy of laughing together.  LOVE my little sisters!







"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
~ 1 Peter 3:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment