Friday 18 May 2012

Back in the swing of things

It is two weeks after my return to PNG, and I am fully back in the swing of things!  I have resumed my duties rounding on D-ward and the nursery.  (Thanks to Drs. Scot and Erin and everyone else who helped to cover while I was gone!)  Wow, I missed being a doctor.  And I especially missed my mamas and babies. Thankfully I didn't forget how to practice medicine or speak Pidgin.  I admit was a bit nervous about my first c-section, but it was kind of like riding a bike--with a scalpel in my hand.

I have been so encouraged to meet several newly hired nursing officers and CHWs.  And some of our just graduated nursing students have also joined the staff.  Thank you to everyone who has been praying for harvest workers!  And praise to Papa for sending them!!!

In addition to the new staff, we also have a brand new class of nursing students.  Edna is the daughter of our good friend Meti.  She wants to be a medical missionary, and she has worked so hard to follow God's call.  I am so proud of her!  She was doing a clinical rotation on D-ward my first week back.  So fun to see her wearing a CON uniform :).

No comments:

Post a Comment