Monday 23 April 2012

On tour

While on home assignment, I have had the opportunity to travel on four district tours.  A district of the church of the Nazarene is a geographic area of churches.  A district tour means that I speak at a bunch of services in that area over about a week of time.  I have visited South Texas, Central Ohio, and North Central Ohio.

Yesterday I finished up a wonderful tour of the East Kentucky district.  I have been connected to East Kentucky for the last two years through a program called LINKS (Loving Interested Nazarenes Knowing & Sharing).  They have prayed for me, followed my blog, friended me on Facebook, supported me financially, and sent me birthday cards and care packages.  It was way cool to meet many of these fine folks in person as I toured around the district.  WHAT an encouragement!

Michelle (Prater) Arnold is a fellow MVNU allumni, and my EKY cheerleader!

The ladies of London, KY Church of the Nazarene crocheted more than 100 hats for my babies in the nursery :).










LOVED my visit to the Straight Creek COTN!









Joe and Tara Leith are friends from medical school.  It was so wonderful to see them and meet their beautiful family at the Ashland Grace service!





The district team:  me, Suella Slibeck (deputation coordinator), D.S. Harold Berrian, and Lola Brickey (district NMI president).


BTW... the people of East Kentucky tried their best to convert me to be a UK fan (including the D.S. who resorted to rather drastic measures).  While I have great respect for UKs ability to play basketball, I will forever be a be a Buckeye.  O-H...I-O!!!




"Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long."
~ Psalm 25:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment