Friday 1 July 2011

Lil p's in the pod

About 6 weeks ago, our cat Sweet P developed a rather suspicious abdominal bulge.  The differential diagnosis was either a very large tape worm or pregnancy.  The bulge continued to expand and before long she was eating us out of house an home.  Literally.  Cat food cost about $10 a box.







Well, it wasn't a tape worm.  Sweet P delivered four little p's on Tuesday this week!  They were rather ugly at first, something like drowned rats.  But they are starting to fluff up a bit and look more like kittens.  It is amazing all the colors and patterns that they come in:  yellow tiger, brown tiger, grey, and black with white paws.








Beck and I were considering some temporary names for the lil p's in our pod.  Following the tradition of the hospital nursery, we could call them Babies of Sweet P (Q)uadruplet 1, Q2, Q3, and Q4.  We decided to go with something more original--Eeny, Meeny, Miny, and Moe.






The family has taken up residence in a laundry basket in my closet.  Pete the Chicken Cat's delicate mental state has, yes, been disrupted.  He hisses at Sweet P any time they are in the same room.  He hisses at me and Beck and Brutus.  He hisses to himself.  And he hasn't even seen the babies yet.  Oh, the drama!  Brutus knows something is going on in the closet and he is just dying to know what.  He parks himself on the rug in my room, nose inches from the closet door.  I won't let him go any closer for fear he will love the kittens to death.






Beck will be heading to America for home assignment next week.  That will leave me with one dog, two cats, and four kittens.  I certainly won't be lonely.  I imagine it won't be long until I am also busy keeping kittens out of trouble!  And before I know it, they will be grown up and ready to go to new homes.  

If there are any Kudjipites out there who are interested in a rat catcher, our trainees will be ready in six to eight weeks!

2 comments:

  1. :-( Robin won't let me have a cat. Course, getting it here would be a problem...Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you first got some rats, she would let you have a cat ;).

    ReplyDelete