Tuesday 13 January 2009

Adios amigos

My last moments here in the U.S. have been precious ones!  The morning began at 2:00 AM with my brother and sister bouncing on my bed.  Ami flew in from Phoenix and Aaron drove up from Nashville... what a fun surprise!  Today I finished packing my suitcases, talked with friends from across the country, and spent time with the fam.  And Mom made a fabulous turkey dinner, complete with all the fixins!  I also enjoyed the beauty of winter wonderland (from the comfort of our warm home)... a goodbye present from Ohio.

I leave tomorrow morning, and my route takes me from Columbus, OH --> Washington, D.C. --> Tokyo, Japan --> Singapore.  I will stop over in Singapore to spend the weekend with my forever friend Sarah, who is teaching at an international school there.  A few days later I fly on to Port Moresby, PNG and then up to Mount Hagen where I will be collected by fellow missionaries.  I arrive at my destination on January 20.  Wow... PNG really is one of the far corners of the world!

Here is my new address:
Kudjip Nazarene Hospital
P.O. Box 456
Mount Hagen, W.H.P.
Papua New Guinea

Skype:  steph.doenges

PNG or BUST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment